Welcome to the First CORDILLERA PINE TREE FESTIVAL!
December 17 – 18, 2011
Benguet State University Grounds & Longlong Communal Forest
La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines
- Seminars and symposia on status of pine forests in the region, indigenous forest conservation practices, environmental laws, pine tree researches, forestry strategies in pine tree management and conservation.
- Essay, poem, song writing; on-the-spot painting, battle of bands, photography, cultural dances
- Eco-ducation and eco-trekking at Longlong Communal forest, tree planting
- Parade, canao, concert for the pines, bonfire
- Exhibits and sales of eco-friendly products
- More than 5,000 participants expected to attend from two cities and six provinces
GUEST: Sec. MAR ROXAS
15 October 2011
I am writing to inform you that a very important activity is upcoming in relation to conservation of trees and forests in our region. This is the First Cordillera Pine Tree Festival, the first ever which will be held at the Benguet State University (BSU) grounds, La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines from Dec. 17 – 19, 2011. It is in recognition to the ecological, economic, socio and cultural contributions of the pine tree to the people and the region. All six provinces are involved including Tabuk and Baguio cities. It will feature major activities like eco-ducation on indigenous forest conservation practices, seminars on environmental laws, eco-walks, and competitions for students on song, poetry, essay writing, nature photography, on the spot painting, exhibit of eco-friendly products, cultural dances and art crafts. You can read more about it at Google by searching “Cordillera Pine Tree Festival”.
All provinces and cities in the Cordillera Administrative Region will send delegates to compete in the said event and the educational activities will be bolstered by a tree planting and eco walks at Longlong Communal Forest.
I am writing you to request donations from your end. You can send it to the Festival account at Philippine National Bank, La Trinidad, Benguet Branch, Account No. 48712000019. Please help us raise funds for the said noble activity. The funds will be used to cover the seminars and symposium, to accommodate the provincial competitors and for prizes for the winners. The activity is aimed at bolstering the image of the region on eco-tourism and to bring back once more pine trees in our region.
Thank you so much.
Michael A. Bengwayan, Ph. D.
Cordillera Ecological Center
Cordillera Ecological Center & A Tree A Day FB Group
No. 237 Longlong, Puguis, La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines
E-mail Address: email@example.com